Front Page News

6:00-7:30 Meet the Teacher and Open House

Picture of MaryLynn Heron
6:00-7:30 Meet the Teacher and Open House
by MaryLynn Heron - Monday, 11 September 2017, 6:29 PM

Dear Keating Parents and Guardians,

Keating Staff and I would like to invite you to our Meet the Teacher Night and Open House, this Thursday, September 14 from 6:00 to 7:30.

Meet the teacher night is an excellent evening for:

• connecting with the teacher and starting to build the very valuable relationship between home and school;

• allowing your child to share his or her learning space with you (school is a child's place of work and many children have classroom and school responsibilities that they are very proud to share);

• finding out more information about the teacher and his or her classroom routines (teachers are keen to have you as a partner in helping children learn new routines, so that students can achieve personal independence);

• meeting other parents and learning about the school community.

The evening is not an ideal one for discussing your child's progress, as the evening is informal and does not lend itself to private conversations with the teacher. The first scheduled parent/teacher conferences are on October 4th and 5th, and your child's teacher will be sending out an invitation to meet with them to discuss your child's progress on one of those days. Parents are encouraged to request a private meeting with the teacher, at any time, if there are concerns that need to be addressed.

Over the course of the evening, I encourage you to drop by the gym where you will find the School Administration (M. Philip Jungen and I) and Keating Home and School Association (K.H.A.S.A), as well as some of K.H.A.S.A.'s school committees, such as Healthy Schools. In the gym, you will also find a station where you may request a letter for completion of a Criminal Record Check for volunteering throughout the year.

I very much looking forward to connecting with you on Thursday evening.

Sincerely,

Mary Lynn Heron

Principal