Keating Track & Field Team, May/June, 2018
Grade 3, 4 and 5 students will have the opportunity to sign up for the The Keating Track & Field Team tomorrow and will be bringing information home regarding it.
The Track & Field team includes instruction in:
- Track events (Sprints and Relays).
- Field events (Long Jump and Ball Throw)
Team members should remember to:
- wear appropriate clothing (shorts or track pants, a t-shirt and running shoes)
- drink plenty of water on practice days.
- apply sunscreen to faces and arms before school.
- attend practices regularly.
1) Track Events: (Running events – 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, Relays)
Track Practice schedule:
- Gr. 3 – Wednesday (11:14 – 11:49)
- Gr. 4 - Monday and Thursday (11:14 – 11:49)
- Gr. 5. - Tuesday and Friday (11:14 – 11:49)
* Practices will start May 14th
Track Meet: Thursday, June 14th at UVic Centennial Stadium – (9:30 am – 2:45 pm) A letter will be sent home soon giving more specific details regarding start and finish times, race schedules and transportation for this meet.
2) Field Events: (Long Jump and Ball Throw)
Field Practice schedule :
- All students will receive instruction of Field events during regular PE classes.
- The Long Jump pits will be open during the lunch hours for extra practice
Field Meet – The top two students from each class in Long Jump and Ball Throw will compete against other divisions in the Keating School Field Meet in June. (More info to come).
Please email Mrs. Lee at email@example.com with questions or concerns.
Many thanks for your support of this large Track & Field team!