Front Page News

Thank you from Hot Lunch Coordinator

Picture of Theresa Hait
Thank you from Hot Lunch Coordinator
by Theresa Hait - Tuesday, 18 June 2019, 1:42 PM

Hello Keating Parents, Teachers and Administration,

After six years at Keating, three of them as the Hot Lunch Coordinator, it is time to say good bye and THANK YOU!

The last three years have been challenging and very rewarding.  The kids absolutely love hot lunch day and it was  always great to see lots of smiles at the end of the day.  However I did not do this alone, I had amazing volunteers helping me to pull off those hot lunch days.

First of all, I would like to thank Jennifer Allen, who was my “day of” assistant. She was there every hot lunch day, helping me set up the bins, help distribute the food and sell at the store. THANK YOU JENNIFER, I could have never done this without you!

Thank you  to all the volunteers who came out to help distribute the hot lunch.  We have had parents, grandparents and even an auntie!  Some of you came every hot lunch day, some of you came whenever you could fit it into your schedule. Thank you so much!

Thank you to the teachers, who were very supportive of hot lunch day, by ensuring the kids had their name tags out, some of you had to clarify hot lunch orders, when kids thought they were supposed to have something but they didn’t and thank you very much for supporting my zero-waste initiative by leaving the white recycle bags in the hallway.

Thank you to the administration, especially Theresa, who has forwarded countless emails from me and has been very patient during payment periods when parents were wondering where to drop off their payments (black drop off box just inside the office window).
Thank you to Shelley and Philip who have helped me set up for hot lunch day. This last year has been  very challenging with the construction going on and we would never really know what space was available. Sometimes we had to rearrange furniture and find tables before we could even start to set up for hot lunch.

And last but not least, Thank you to the new Hot Lunch Coordinators, Jane Bassett and Michelle Fea, for taking on this volunteer position!

I wish you all the best, have fun with it!

Sonja