On behalf of the Keating Home and School Association (KHASA), we would like to welcome all students and their families. For those of you that are new to our school, this is the name we use for our Parent Advisory Council (PAC).
Officially the purpose of KHASA is:
- To promote cooperation between the home and Keating School in providing for the education of the children.
- To promote the free exchange of ideas among parents, school administrators, staff, students and the School Board with respect to school programs and policies and evaluation of their effectiveness.
- To provide the principal and staff with the opportunity to consult those who are affected by the decisions they make.
- To give parents and opportunity to examine educational and school philosophy and policy and to suggest alternatives.
- To organize and coordinate issues of interest and social functions including fundraising.
All of this is done within a variety of means including regular meetings, education seminars for family members, and social events such as the movie night.
KHASA is also the organization behind the very important committees that provide our children with everything from Crossing Guards to the Hot Lunch Program.
Some of our goals include:
- Increased particiaption of family members in KHASA related initiatives
- Careful application of our hard-earned fundraising dollars towards new playground equipment and other items/events that enrich the experiences of our Keating kids
- Keeping KHASA meetings to 1 hour maximum
As a parent of a child in attendance at Keating you are automatically a Member of KHASA. You can play a very important role in your child's education and school by being involved. You can choose to help in a variety of ways: some parents like to be "on call" with things such as last minute volunteering for special events or baking, while others prefer a specific responsibility or have a skill or expertise they know can support a specific committee. However you choose your participation is up to you!
Your involvment and support will not only enrich our school and community but yours and your child's lives as well. Being active in your school pays back in so many ways. We invite you to contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, feedback or would like information.
- We are only at 24% of the volunteer positions filled to date. Please don't forget to go to SignUp Genius and find a volunteer spot that suits you. There is plenty to choose from. You can find it at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/409044fa4ae23a1ff2-20172018
- We are also still looking for Class Reps. There are only 8 of the 43 spots filled. Please consider being liaison and find out if you child's division still needs a class rep by going to: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/409044fa4ae23a1ff2-201720181
KHASA 50/50 at Victoria Royals. Get your tickets now on keating.hotlunches.net for the following games:
- Teddy Bear Toss on December 8th Royals vs. Kootenay Ice
- KHASA 50/50 Night on February 16th Royals vs. Red Deer Rebels
Please email email@example.com before 8:40 a.m if your child is going to be absent.
The Safe Arrival Program needs your help! To volunteer ( as little as one hour per month!) please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting Dates & Agendas
2017/18 Meeting Dates:
- October 16th
- November 20th
- January 15th
- February 19th
- April 16th
- May 14th (AGM)
- June 18th
Note: All meetings are 6:30-7:30pm in the school library
Hot Lunch Schedule & Ordering
2017/18 Hot Lunch Dates
Oct 27th, Nov 17th, Dec 15th, Jan 26th, Feb 16th, Mar 9th, Apr 27th, May 25th, June 22nd
To login and order click on link - https://keating.hotlunches.net
Why do we fundraise?
All of the KHASA fundraising efforts go toward enriching the experience of Keating kids.
Each year KHASA financially supports field trips, library materials, artist-in-residence, emergency preparedness, classroom supplies, playground equipment and repairs, and much more.
Request for Contribution:
KHASA has considered many options, but in the end, feels that the parents at Keating are asked to give so much for their time already, and believes the easiest and most convenient way to raise the needed money is to lay it at the parents feet and ask. KHASA is asking if each family could contribute $20 per child over the course of the next month via keating.hotlunches.net or by dropping off a cheque to the school office payable to KHASA. If each family can contribute $20 per child, KHASA will be able to focus on a few, value added and fun fundraisers this year and lessen the burden on all of us. Thank you for your consideration and contributions!
Executive & Committees
** contact us any time at email@example.com **
2017-2018 KHASA EXECUTIVE
Aly Dahl / Tricia Oates
Keely Kastrukoff / Melissa Braun
FRUIT & VEG COORDINATOR
Leanna Young / Keely Kastrukoff
Sonja Urzinger / Jennifer Allen
KEATING CALL BACK COORDINATOR
GRADE 5 FAREWELL
Leanna Young / Keely Kastrukoff
SPRING FAIR COORDINATOR
Minutes from various sub committees
KHASA Constitution- NEW 2017
COPACS - Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils Saanich
BCCPAC - BC Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils
CPF - Canadian Parents for French
Head lice: http://www.headlice.org
26 Weeks to Family Emergency Preparedness
KHASA would like to thank all of the 2017 Spring Fair donors for all their wonderful contributions!
Barefoot Books Gentle Earth/Island Essentials
Paterson Henn Accountants
Colleens Cleaning Services
MD Charlton Co. Ltd.
Hair by Shevaun North
Equilibria Reiki Therapy
Brentwood Hair Studio
District of Saanich (Commonwealth)
Radiance Sugar and Wax
Haro's Restaurant/Sidney Pier Hotel/Haven Spa
Shoppers Drug Mart - Saanichton
Robin Howe/OnFocus Coaching
Bill Walters Royal LePage Realty
Thrifty's - Central Saanich
Allegro Dance Studio
The Old Spaghetti Factory
Brentwood Bay Lodge
Shaw Ocean Discovery Centre
Tres Jolie Lashes by Taeha
Tupperware by Kristen
Young & Barrel Custom Signs
Ebb & Spruce
Hedgehog Garden Services Ltd
Canadian Parents for French
Mid Knife Crisis
SilverBear Studios Mt. Newton Floral
Keating Active Mornings
Registration for the Fall session of Keating Active Mornings (KAMS) is now full! Please see the attached document for all important KAMS information-including dates & times.
**If you wished to register for the fall session of Keating Active Mornings and were unable to do so due to limited space please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your child's age. You can be added to a wait list and this info will help us in planning for future sessions for increasing numbers etc.
Stay tuned for info on our winter session!