Front Page News

In Appreciation

Picture of Steve MacGregor
In Appreciation
by Steve MacGregor - Friday, 10 September 2021, 5:16 PM

At the end of the first week of school, I wanted to take a moment to extend a thank-you to our community.  It is a time of year filled with excitement, but can also be a time of anxiety and uncertainty.  As we hit our stride and become familiar with new classes, teachers, friends, routines, things inevitably become more comfortable, and I thank you for the calm and patience exhibited through the first days as a tremendous example to the kids and those around us.

As we reorganized a number of classes at the start of the week (having received an extra class to create), a lot of work got done by a many people in very short order.  It was an impressive accomplishment, but amidst that, it is certain not everything was as smooth as we might have liked.  Again, thanks for those conversations this week that helped us fill any gaps in communication, and thanks to those who know that we are always here to talk.

Having said all of that, we managed to meet new classes/teachers and staff members, start building class and school culture, and forming new relationships (not to mention introducing a new recess routine to a school community of over 500 students and staff).

I am very proud of our first week, in spite of the hiccups, and thank the kids, staff, and community members for their parts in it.

...and it was GREAT to see the kids. smile

Have a super weekend!

In appreciation,
Steve