Front Page News

End of Week Message - 17 June 2022

Picture of Steve MacGregor
End of Week Message - 17 June 2022
by Steve MacGregor - Friday, 17 June 2022, 4:34 PM

I feel like most of these messages start with me marveling at how quickly time passes.  In keeping with that theme, how is it that we are down to one full week of school, plus 3 more days?  On one hand, the year has been a blink, and on the other, we have been through a lot as a school and community since September, and over the past 3 years.  It has been so good for spirits to be able to get back to year-end celebrations, field trips, etc...

Along these lines, we will have our first year-end assembly (with all students and staff in the gym) in my time here.  We have also invited grade 5 parents to a short, acknowledgement ceremony for their kids after school on the 27th.  It is wonderful to be able to gather again.

Thank you to all who braved the atmospheric river with us at the track at UVic last week.  It was another sign of how much we've missed these things, as despite a preposterous amount of rain, there was no shortage of smiling faces, and sporting spirit.  Thankfully we had much better weather for a very successful grade 5 trip to Heritage Acres today.

Stay tuned as we have achieved our school-wide goal of reading for a collective 10 000 nights.  We will have a few small celebrations (extra recess for one thing) to mark this achievement.  Way to go, Keating readers!

A huge thank you to all the parent volunteers that made programs go this year despite the barriers that COVID put in front of us.  We are always thankful for those in our community, especially those who give so much time and effort for our school.

I hope all have a safe and enjoyable weekend.