Front Page News

Principal's Message - 30 April 2021

Picture of Steve MacGregor
Principal's Message - 30 April 2021
by Steve MacGregor - Friday, 30 April 2021, 4:13 PM

Keating community,

Thank you to all who have been reinforcing with their children, the message of lining up with their classes immediately upon arriving at the school in the morning, and that the play areas are closed before and after school in an effort to maintain cohorts.  This week there was a noticeable improvement in this area, and we will continue to work together to improve this even further.  Again, thank you for your support and understanding of the current need for these practices.

I will attempt to share a bit more via the school's Twitter feed (visible on the left side of the school's website and also at twitter.com/sd63keating ) over the coming days.  I know that it has been a popular way for community members to get a bit of a window into the school this year.  Please keep an eye out for some more updates soon.

A couple of recent learning opportunities that I have had have emphasized the health benefits of being in nature.  Among the noted benefits were many related to anxiety and other aspects of mental health.  On that note, I hope that everyone has a great and safe weekend in the sun, and perhaps out in the woods, or near the water.